Wednesday 8 April 2015

Last year was not easy.  After ten years of cruising I returning to Auxerre where it all started for me. Perhaps one shouldn't go back in life for it was disappointing.  Friends had moved on, or even died and I didn't cruise Carmen at all in 2014.  However she has a beautiful mooring in Auxerre.

The view from the wheelhouse or terrace .............

can be  very mellowing as the sun goes down....particularly with a glass of Chablis.............

the heron is walking on the weir.














Friends have convinced me to cruise again this year and my enthusiasm is growing.   We are almost certainly going to go up the Nivernais.   Originally it was for a rally of Les Amis du Canal du Nivernais, which has sadly been cancelled.  However we think we are going anyway.  That's only for two weeks and I haven't yet decided whether we return or go on over the top through the tunnels.   Why not help me decide?.......

1 comment:

  1. Hello David, I don´t know if you remember me. I am the lady you met in M & S and had a coffee with in colchester. I have often wondered whether you would go back to your beloved boat and I am pleased to see that you have been this year. I notice also, that you speak as we, so wonder if you have found another soul mate. If you are in Colchester again, would be pleased to touch base with you again. Hope you are fully recovered from your heart surgery and keeping well. Lea Oliver

    ReplyDelete