Tuesday 22 June 2010

La fete de la musique at Toulouse

The French celebrate midsummer by this event. Various bands and groups of musicians set themselves up in squares or just in the street and play until the small hours.  This fete was special because the town had apparently decided to celebrate Carmen being in town by setting up a stage 15m from her.  Almost deafened I made a tour of the town and found some excellent music.   Unfortunately my local group made up in volume for what they lacked in tunefulness.   I went to bed at midnight with a spare pillow over my head.

I was wakened at 0530 by conversation very close to me, and found two druggies or drunkies camping out on Carmen having easily climbed the security fence.  They were very respectful and left as quickly as they could, bearing in mind their spaced out state, to join their pack of dogs waiting outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment